More and more has been written and spoken about the protective and therapeutic properties of CBD oils in recent years. It is therefore not surprising that the number of people willing to buy them is increasing. And at first, everyone using an online shop is confronted with nomenclature that tells them nothing. One such expression is precisely 'Full Spectrum CBD' or 'full spectrum CBD'. This is a better CBD oil or the opposite? So before you buy it, it is worth knowing what product you are purchasing.
What is Full Spectrum CBD?
Hemp is a huge wealth of natural compounds with a wide variety of health-promoting and therapeutic properties. Scientists have discovered 480 or so of these compounds so far. And of these, around 100 are cannabinoids, of which THC and CBD are the best studied. However, this is certainly not the end of the discoveries, both in terms of the number of compounds contained in cannabis and their potential for positive effects on the body. But to the point.
Firstly, it is worth knowing that CBD Full Spectrum is not the same as CBD isolate. The former is an oil that contains in its composition all those substances that can be extracted from hemp, i.e. around 100 cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids, for example. Such an oil therefore has an extremely wide range of therapeutic properties and certainly great potential. Each cannabinoid has a slightly different potential to positively influence the body.
CBD isolate, on the other hand, has a much shorter list of ingredients. This is because it is a combination of a carrier oil (maybe hemp oil, maybe oil) with cannabidiol (CBD) isolated from hemp. And that's it. Such an isolate, although undoubtedly valuable, is devoid of many other substances found in hemp that have a beneficial effect on the body.
Full spectrum CBD oil - why use it?
Precisely because it is not devoid of anything that has an impact on therapy and the healing process. So if you are wondering whether it is worth choosing a full-spectrum CBD oil, it is precisely because of the variety of ingredients it contains that it is worth choosing this product.
This is well illustrated by a phenomenon called the ambient effect or synergistic effect a.k.a. the entourage effect. And it consists in the fact that all the components of such Full Spectrum oil work together, multiplying the positive effects of CBD oil on the body. In colloquial terms, they crank up the effects of CBD, enhancing the quality of the product that is Full Spectrum CBD. And it is the environment that makes the CBD in such an oil work more intensively, its range of action is widened, it is more effective, and the individual components acting on each other further enhance their individual potency.
Main components of Full Spectrum CBD oils
Cannabinoids in CBD Full Spectrum
- THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) - The maximum amount in CBD oil cannot (according to Polish law) exceed 2%. This is why CBD oils are not psychoactive and their use does not risk addiction. THC supports CBD's analgesic, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects. It also protects brain cells.
- CBG (cannabigerol) - can help those suffering from cancer (e.g. breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer). It also enhances, together with CBD, the anti-inflammatory effects of the oils. It copes with all skin inflammations, dandruff, psoriasis or eczema. It has the ability to lower intraocular pressure, which is hopeful for glaucoma sufferers.
- CBC (cannabichromene) - strongly enhances the effects of CBD for use in inflammation. It also shows antifungal and antidepressant effects. It can support cancer patients. It is also great for dealing with headaches.
- CBN (cannabinol) - Like other cannabinoids, it shows anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects, which, taken all together, can produce impressive results. On top of this, its anticonvulsant and sedative properties have been discovered. Its domain also supports the treatment of chronic pain, cancer, glaucoma and psoriasis.
- CBDV (cannabidiwarin) - strongly stimulates receptors, thus enhancing the effects of CBD and THC on the body. Its ability to prevent multiple sclerosis and also epilepsy has also been discovered. It counteracts and relieves nausea, an extremely important property when the patient is taking chemotherapy.
Terpenes in Full Spectrum CBD
- Cariophyllene - has the ability to prevent pain, inflammation and anxiety through its direct effects on the endocannabinoid system.
- Limonene - shows versatile properties such as anti-cannabinoid support. In addition, it has antibacterial and antifungal effects. Its domain also includes mood enhancement and reduction of steroid reactions.
- Mircen - The main properties are those of analgesic and antimicrobial.